Solar Electric (PV) Site Surveyor
Are We the Right Fit for You?
Are you looking to join a company that is the leader in home services? Are you looking for rewarding work with great pay, benefits and advancement opportunities? If you are highly motivated to enter a career with a position that is in demand, you have found your best opportunity! Sierra Pacific has been an industry leader in the residential retrofit business in the Greater Sacramento Region since 1984, with services spanning from HVAC, Solar Pool, Solar Electric & Generators, to Water Treatment and Windows. We are dedicated to providing the "Wow" experience for our clients with every interaction, and are looking for team members with a shared commitment to integrity and excellence.
A PV Presite Technician’s main job is to gather accurate data from the site to be used in later solar calculations. Presite Technicians must be responsible and able to manage their own schedule to ensure that all necessary tasks are followed through on, with minimal outside
management. This is a full-time position and we are looking to hire long term. This is a good opportunity for candidates who are looking for growth and skill advancement. Candidates must be comfortable on a roof. No experience required; we provide training.
- Accurately measure/document the following: roof planes, roof obstructions, structure of the attic
- Conduct a physical site assessment using a variety of tools and equipment including data collection devices, photo capturing, range finders, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Upload shade analysis reports, collected data, and photos of work performed each day
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Communicate effectively and in a friendly manner with homeowners
- Adhere to all safety requirements and regulations
- Mechanical aptitude and experience fixing automotive a plus
- Electrical installation or service or similar experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to exceed customer’s expectations
- Clean DMV record and Driver’s license required
- Drug-free workplace
- Ability to handle physical workload, including lifting up to 50 lbs
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with Employer Match
- Job Type: Full-time
- Year-round work
- Paid training