Indoor Air Quality
- Lennox Zone Control Products
- Lennox Thermostat Products
- Lennox Heat Pump Products
- Air Conditioning
- Windows and Doors
The tankless water heater is the most popular alternative to the traditional storage tank water heater, which continuously maintains water temperature inside a large tank. The earliest tankless water heating systems were actually developed over a century ago, however it hasn’t been until fairly recently that they’ve become major competitors for residential water heater use.
Are you wondering if a tankless water heater is right for your home? Or do you already have one working to provide your family with reliable and consistent hot water that needs maintenance? Whatever the case may be, your Sacramento, CA water heater experts at Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort, Inc. are here to help. Contact us today! Sierra Pacific, The Guys In The Big Red Trucks.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
Tankless water heaters transfer heat to the water running through the hot water lines, via a device called a heat exchanger. This is similar to the device that sends heat into the tank of a boiler system. The heat is transferred into the water as it moves through the exchanger, heating it up without requiring the storage of it (while effective, storing hot water can lead to heat loss).
Since the transfer of heat is activated by the movement of water through the heat exchanger, your tankless water heater will only turn on when there is a demand for hot water from the tap. Tankless water heaters are pretty small, and typically can be attached to a wall or outside of your home in Sacramento, CA. Plus, they can operate from electricity, solar power, or natural gas.
Should I Have a Tankless Water Heater Installed?
If you’ve heard that a tankless system costs more to install than a tank water heater, in most cases you’ve heard correctly. Don’t let that discount the benefits of a tankless water heater, however! There are a number of benefits to keep in mind that offset the initial investment:
- Energy Efficiency: Since a tankless system only produces heat when there’s a demand from a tap for hot water, it consumes less energy per month than a traditional tank water heater, which must keep the water in the tank at a consistent temperature.
- No Running Out of Hot Water: There’s no standing supply of hot water to be depleted from a tankless system, and therefore it won’t run out of hot water, which a tank system is at risk of doing. This is great news for larger households throughout Sacramento, CA, with more occupants.
- Lifespan: When you take away the practically constant energy use and the presence of a large tank of water, a tankless water heater will last far longer than other types of water heater systems.
Turn to Our Team for Tankless Water Heater Maintenance and Repair
We pride ourselves on our quality installations and expert services. But if you truly want to enjoy your tankless water heater for as long as possible to reap all of its benefits, then you need to schedule routine maintenance, and repairs when necessary.
You’re in luck: Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort, Inc. provides both maintenance and repair services for tankless water heaters. No matter what type of problem crops up, you can give our Customer Service Professionals a call and trust that we’ll get the solution figured out for you. We’ll help keep your tankless water heater in the best shape possible, so you won’t have to make that undue emergency call—although if you do have an emergency, don’t forget that we provide 24/7 services, too!