Indoor Air Quality
- Lennox Zone Control Products
- Lennox Thermostat Products
- Lennox Heat Pump Products
- Air Conditioning
- Windows and Doors
Homes throughout Sacramento, CA, and even throughout the country, are built with energy efficiency in mind these days. One of the main goals of modern construction is to trap heat during cold weather and keep it out during warmer times of the year. Still though, many homes have room for improvement when it comes to efficiency—especially older, historic spaces.
It’s very likely that your home could benefit from air sealing to keep it comfortable. This will also help take strain off of your heating and cooling systems. Contact Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort, Inc. today to learn more about our comprehensive air sealing services. We are a trusted provider of HVAC, indoor air quality, solar, and home energy solutions throughout the area and look forward to assisting you—Sierra Pacific, The Guys In the Big Red Trucks.
What Is Air Sealing All About?
To fully understand what air sealing does and how it helps, you first need to know what it is. It’s the process in which home energy experts—like the members of our team—eliminate air leaks that can occur throughout your Sacramento, CA home.
Air leaks could come from a number of locations. They exist in the spaces around plumbing pipes and electrical outlets. More commonly, air leaks can originate from windows, doors, air ducts, flooring, attics, and even your recessed lighting. Fortunately, our professionals have a variety of methods we can use in order to reduce and eliminate these sources of air loss. Our goal is to improve your home’s efficiency and energy usage.
Ask About Our Air Sealing Offerings
As we mentioned above, there are a few possible causes of air loss all throughout your home. There are also a few methods we can use to solve these air leaks, which we’ve provided a guide for below.
- Caulking: You’ve probably seen caulk in many places—even in your own home it may exist between tiles in your kitchen. It’s a flexible material that’s used to close off gaps that are less than a quarter of an inch wide, which can open around stationary building components. Once our home energy experts have determined where the air leaks in your home are originating, we can provide the caulking materials and services to close them up.
- Weatherstripping: There are a few areas of your home that are not stationary, and therefore would not benefit from caulking. These spots include doors, openable windows, and more. Weatherstripping is needed to eliminate the air leaks that originate here. But to decide what type and amount of weatherstripping is necessary, we’ll need to resolve your air loss problem by determining air friction, temperature shifts, and wear and tear that’s occurred from the air leaks.
- Attic Air Sealing: There’s a process our professionals use called blower door testing to inspect your attic and determine where air is escaping from. Once this is determined, we’ll use the appropriate materials and equipment to effectively patch up spots from where air could be escaping.
Do You Need Air Sealing in Your Sacramento, CA Home?
Living in a newer home could leave you feeling confident that you have an effective air seal already in place. But you may be surprised by how much air can pass through the smallest of spaces, and how much energy that can cost you.
If you notice any warning signs, such as an unexplained spike in your HVAC costs without any other explanation, or uneven heating and cooling throughout your home, then you should get in touch with our team to determine if you would in fact benefit from professional air sealing.
And if you have an older or historic home that’s never been professionally sealed, it’s safe to assume that you’d benefit from this service. Even if you have had weatherstripping installed a decade or so ago, it can wear down, and windows and doors can loosen to allow for more air leakage. We’re happy to come in and do an assessment of your home to determine what your needs are.