Indoor Air Quality
- Lennox Zone Control Products
- Lennox Thermostat Products
- Lennox Heat Pump Products
- Air Conditioning
- Windows and Doors
Do you use a forced-air distribution system to distribute heat and cooling throughout your home, then you are one of the many residents in Sacramento, CA who rely on effective and efficient ductwork to properly do its job. What you may not be aware of, though, is the quality that your air ducts are currently in.
Over time, environmental factors can cause your air ducts to accumulate damage and subsequent air leaks. Even something seemingly minor like construction or home remodeling can negatively affect your ductwork. Professional duct testing and sealing services, followed up by duct repair and replacement if needed, from the experts at Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort, Inc. are well worth consideration. Contact us today: Sierra Pacific, The Guys In The Big Red Trucks.
Why Is Professional Duct Testing Important?
Testing your air ducts is one of the many essential home energy solutions that we provide in order to improve the efficiency of your HVAC systems, and your home. It’s nearly impossible for the average homeowner to test their ductwork, especially considering it’s mostly out of sight. As a result, leaky or damaged air ducts are not usually an obvious problem.
When our team comes in to professionally test your air ducts, we’ll utilize advanced technology to diagnose just what is going on with the ductwork system, and locate inefficiencies that need improvement in order to work at its maximum capacity. This is done by using a calibrated fan to compare the fan’s pressurization to the actual pressure within the air ducts, which determines if a leak is occurring.
In many cases, professional duct sealing is the solution, if you do have damaged ductwork. In more severe cases however, you may need duct repair or replacement, services we also provide.
Does Your Sacramento, CA Home Need Air Duct Sealing?
Visually inspecting your system for leaky ducts can be a challenge, since as we mentioned above your air ducts are mostly hidden from view. However, there are a number of indications you can watch out for, such as the signs we’ve mentioned below:
- A Sudden Rise in Utility Costs: If you notice an unexplainable spike in your heating or cooling bills, then leaky ducts could be to blame. They allow air to escape from your HVAC system before reaching the rooms the air is intended to heat or cool. This means your HVAC system has to work that much harder to reach and maintain your desired temperature. This increases your energy use unnecessarily, and in turn, your energy bills.
- Uneven Heating and Cooling: Take a walk through your home. See if you notice any hot or cold spots. You might notice this if you have a ductwork breach somewhere that is allowing either heated or cooled air to escape into unoccupied spaces.
The Benefits of Professional Duct Sealing and Repair
If after duct testing, we do in fact discover that you need duct sealing, it really is a job to trust to the professionals. Store–bought duct tape is not enough to do the trick. In fact, despite its misleading name, it would probably only hold up for a few months (if that!).
Our professionals have access to, and the knowledge of how to apply, specialized mastic to the weak points throughout your air ducts. If that isn’t enough to resolve your ductwork woes, then we also provide comprehensive duct repair and replacement services. Contact us today to learn more about how ducts play a role in your comfort and efficiency, and how we can help improve their performance!